Monday, July 18, 2005

Done and dusted

The week of recording was pretty successful I think, Mick, who was producing us, managed to resist killing us in our sleep, and we are all pleased with the results. On thursday evening me, Ben and Sam and Nadia went to a gig in Canterbury,to see the endearing and amusing Luke Smith, after this we somehow managed to convince Sam and Nad to come to both a late night bar and a club, and then after we left the club Ben and I managed to convince a lovely girl to have a house party, in terms of recording staying out all night and going straight to Mick's without sleeping at all was possibly a little ill-considered, but being supported by my band mates whilst singing did feel quite rock'n'roll.

On saturday we had a lovely bbq on Brighton beach, which lasted many hours, and included annoying other people on the beach by serenading them with bespoke songs on the guitar, which was terminated by Rachel and Kate trapping us in a sleeping bag and dragging us away, the night inevitably ended up with us at my flat dancing like fools to appetite for destruction.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

All together now:

Brighton Beach Holida-a-a-y,
Brighton Beach Holida-a-a-y...

...and repeat until the weeping begins.

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you and Ben have given me the mental equivalent of screen burn.

Whenever I don't have sweet background noise to distract me, I feel like I am being followed by two wandering minstrels intent on destroying my sanity with the same endlessly repeated phrase.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I think such an effect is technically known as an 'ear worm'. If you like, me and Ben could ring you up and sing it to you down the phone to push it out of your mind, the aural equivalent of fighting fire with fire.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

If you do that, you will receive a message from me (although I am not a messenger): a message of death.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, I love your dirty talk as much as the next person, but that tough talking was a little laboured. Even as a Hawk the Slayer imitation.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G G
Brighton Beach Holiday
G G
Brighton Beach Holiday
C C
Brighton Beach Holiday
G G
Brighton Beach Holiday

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home